Top Gun full movie
A skilled F-14 fighter pilot, a cadet at an elite U.S. Navy school, flying like a god and guided both in life and in the sky by instincts rather than reason, falls in love with the school's instructor, an astrophysicist who has long denied him reciprocity. Will she yield to his white-toothed smile?
More about the movie Top Gun
Top Gun storyline
Lieutenant Mitchell, nicknamed „Maverick”, is a great fighter pilot, but that’s not enough for him: he wants to be the best of the best. He manages to get into the elite US Navy’s famous „Top Gun”, and his life is about to change. If he can calm down and avoid the unnecessary heroics of breathtaking air shows, he can make all his dreams come true. Even the one about the devastatingly beautiful Charlotte, who teaches pilots maths but also, as a civilian, lets Maverick in on secrets beyond the curriculum.
Top Gun - notes, cast, infos
The entire film lasts 1 hour 50 minutes. People associated with the IMDB community give the film a rating of 6.9/10, while Filmweb readers give it a rating of 7.2/10. According to the film's evaluators on TMDB, the film deserves a rating of 7/10. The film's director is Tony Scott, while those responsible for the screenplay are Jim Cash and Jack Epps Jr. The film's cast includes Tom Cruise (Lt. Pete "Maverick" Mitchell), Kelly McGillis (Charlotte "Charlie" Blackwood), Val Kilmer (Lt. Tom "Iceman" Kazansky), Anthony Edwards (Lt. Nick "Goose" Bradshaw), Tom Skerritt (Lieutenant Commander Mike "Viper" Metcalf), Michael Ironside (Lieutenant Commander Rick "Jester" Heatherly), John Stockwell (Lieutenant Bill "Cougar" Cortell), Barry Tubb (Second Lieutenant Leonard "Wolfman" Wolfe), Rick Rossovich (Second Lieutenant Ron "Slider" Kerner)
Top Gun - trivia
- The film’s score by Harold Faltermeyer has never been given an official release. The current CD only contains two portions of the score; the whole score is still not available.
- In an effort to replicate the film’s unparalleled success, numerous filmmakers throughout the years have attempted to imitate various aspects of it. One of the most well-known instances is Nicolas Cage’s Ogniste ptaki (1990), which was derisively referred to by critics as „Top Gun with helicopters.”
- Behind Maverick in the elevator scene, there is a framed image of a ship on the wall. the USS Los Angeles is the vessel (CA-135).
- The character of Viper was considered for Jon Voight.
- Despite the fact that Navy squadrons paint crew names on airplanes, this is not how the missions are assigned to the aircraft. Simply put, they are a pool that is rotated, with certain planes occasionally being removed for maintenance. Two squadrons of F-14s, numbered between 100 and 200, were flown by each airwing. There were higher-range aircraft of other sorts. Each squadron’s lowest-numbered aircraft, known as „nuts,” has the name of the airwing commander stenciled on it. Each squadron has a distinct commanding officer, whose crew’s names would appear on the aircraft with the flight number -01. Aboard airplane -02, the executive officer is followed by senior officers in descending order. Junior officers can only board aircraft if they are crewed with a senior aircraft commander since there are more crews than there are aircraft. It is feasible to locate an F-14 with a senior RIO in the back and a less experienced pilot in the front since radar intercept officers („backseaters”) are in the line of command all the way up to the squadron CO. It was accurate in 1986.
- When Iceman is hit in the final fight sequence and forced to shut down an engine, the film that appears to show the engine shutting down is actually video of the F-14’s machine gun fire.
- To compete for the chance to sing Take My Breath Away in the movie, numerous musicians auditioned for Tom Whitmore and Georgio Morroder, the song’s writers and producers (and release it as a single). Patty Smythe and Martha Davis from the Motels were contenders. Terri Nunn from Berlin, who detested love ballads and had never recorded a ballad, won the competition by delivering the song sadly rather than passionately, like a lady at the end of her rope. This impressed the producers and got her the song, which went on to become her biggest hit.
Where to watch Top Gun online
Full movie Top Gun not yet available on any other vod service