Top Gun: Maverick full movie
After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy's top pilots, Pete Mitchell is right where he belongs, pushing the limits as a daring test pilot, avoiding a promotion in the hierarchy that could keep him on the ground.
More about the movie Top Gun: Maverick
Top Gun: Maverick storyline
After more than 30 years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete „Maverick” Mitchell is where he should be: flying the limits as a test pilot and avoiding a rise in rank that would cause him to stop flying. While training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission that no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick meets Lieutenant Bradley Bradshaw, code name „Rooster,” son of Maverick’s late friend, Lieutenant Nick Bradshaw, code name „Goose.”
Faced with an uncertain future and confronted with ghosts from the past, Maverick is forced to confront his deepest fears, culminating in a mission that requires the sacrifice of those chosen to fly in it.
Top Gun: Maverick - notes, cast, infos
The entire film lasts 2 hours 11 minutes. Those affiliated with the IMDB community give the film a rating of 8.6/10, while readers of Filmweb give it a score of 8.3/10. According to those rating the film on TMDB, it deserves a score of 8.4/10. Joseph Kosinski is responsible for directing the film, while the screenplay was written by Eric Warren Singer and Christopher McQuarrie. The film's cast includes Tom Cruise (Captain Pete "Maverick" Mitchell), Val Kilmer (Admiral Tom "Iceman" Kazansky), Miles Teller (Lt. Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw), Jennifer Connelly (Penny Benjamin), Bashir Salahuddin (Ensign Bernie "Hondo" Coleman), Jon Hamm (Admiral Beau "Cyclone" Simpson), Charles Parnell (Admiral Solomon "Warlock" Bates), Monica Barbaro (Lieutenant Natasha "Phoenix" Trace), Lewis Pullman (Lieutenant Robert "Bob" Floyd)
Top Gun: Maverick - trivia
- Anthony Edwards: Nick „Goose” Bradshaw, uncredited, from archival material.
- The opening language is identical to that of the first film, ( „The United States Navy established an exclusive school for the top 1% of its pilots on March 3, 1969. Except that the typographical error „insure” has been changed to „ensure” and „men and women,” it was intended to teach the lost art of aerial combat and guarantee that the select group of men who graduated were the best fighter pilots in the world „was inserted.
- The film was recommended for changes by the Chinese government’s film review board, particularly to Maverick’s iconic bomber jacket, which has a huge back patch that depicts the flag of Taiwan in remembrance of a significant cruise Maverick took early in his Naval career. Mainland China and Taiwan have a protracted political dispute because China views Taiwan as a rebellious province rather than a sovereign country. The producers decided against releasing the eagerly awaited sequel in the most populous nation and most valuable film market in the world in order to appease the Chinese government and instead chose to release the movie as is. In any case, Top Gun: Maverick has made over US$1 billion, which is evidence of excellent filmmaking.
- There are a ton of characters in the movie, and each one of them has a call or nick name. In brief form, these are: „Maverick”; „Iceman”; „Rooster”; „Penny”; „Hondo”; „Cyclone”; „Warlock”; „Phoenix”; „Bob”; „Payback”; „Fanboy”; „Hangman”; „Omaha”; „Fritz”; „Halo”; „Coyote”; „Harvard”
- Maverick exceeds Mach 10 with a test plane at the movie’s opening. In kilometers per second, that translates to 2.1 miles per second. As of 2022, the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, with a top speed of little over Mach 3, is the fastest air-breathing manned aircraft in the world. NASA’s X-43 scramjet has achieved a speed of Mach 9.6. Only because they have left Earth’s atmosphere can spacecraft like the Space Shuttle travel at far higher speeds.
- The cast members Tom Cruise and Ed Harris have both previously participated in the documentary film „Junket Whore” and „The Firm” (1993). (1998). Following the events of „Top Gun: Maverick” (2022), Tom Cruise (as Captain Pete „Maverick” Mitchell) and Ed Harris (as Rear Admiral Chester „Hammer” Cain) reunite (1993). When it was filmed in 2018 and when the premiere takes place, it has been 25 years and 29 years, respectively.
- Three of the six new actors reportedly puked every day while filming in the planes, according to Miles Teller.
- Maverick was first created by Christopher McQuarrie in 2010 as a supporting character.
Where to watch Top Gun: Maverick online
Full movie Top Gun: Maverick not yet available on any other vod service