The Black Phone full movie
A child killer kidnaps a 13-year-old boy and locks him in a soundproof basement. Soon the boy begins to receive a disconnected phone call from the killer's previous victim.
More about the movie The Black Phone
The Black Phone storyline
The phone is dead. But it’s ringing… Finney Shaw, a shy but intelligent 13-year-old boy, is kidnapped by a sadistic killer and locked in a soundproofed basement, where screaming doesn’t help. When a disconnected phone stuck in the wall starts ringing, Finney discovers he can hear the voices of the killer’s previous victims. And they are ready to make sure that what happened to them doesn’t happen to Finney.
The Black Phone - notes, cast, infos
The entire film lasts 1 hour 42 minutes. Those associated with the IMDB community rate the film at 7.3/10, while Filmweb readers give it a score of 6.7/10. According to the film's evaluators on TMDB, it deserves a score of 7.1/10. The film's director is Scott Derrickson, while those responsible for the screenplay are Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill. The main actors playing in the film are Mason Thames (Finney), Madeleine McGraw (Gwen), Ethan Hawke (The Catcher), Jeremy Davies (Terrence), E. Roger Mitchell (Detective Wright), Troy Rudeseal (Detective Miller), James Ransone (Max), Miguel Cazarez Mora (Robin Arellano), Rebecca Clarke (Donna).
The Black Phone - trivia
- Throughout the movie, The Grabber dons a number of unsettling masks that reveal various parts of his face. Legendary prosthetic makeup artist Tom Savini created the mask. Mason Thames recalled that when he first saw the recognizable mask, it was frightful, especially when combined with Ethan Hawke’s horrific portrayal of The Grabber.
- The real-life serial killers Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, and Jeffrey Dahmer served as the inspiration for The Grabber. Ted Bundy would con his victims into assisting him to his automobile. On his victims, John Wayne Gacy frequently used a belt. One victim of Jeffrey Dahmer’s was let out of his flat, only to be caught again.
- In the Blumhouse film Sinister, Ethan and James starred together.
- There is an Easter Egg from the popular Stranger Things Netflix series in the film. In Stranger Things, Maya Hawke, Ethan Hawke’s daughter, plays Robin.
- The Grabber, who is eerily similar to Rose the Hat from Doctor Sleep, kidnaps a youngster while they are returning from a baseball game while wearing a stovepipe hat.
- Stephen King’s son and prolific horror author Joe Hill is the author of the book from which this movie is derived.
- The film’s initial January 2022 release date was changed to June 2022 as a result of surprisingly strong preview screenings. Blumhouse set a summer release date after realizing how positively the first reviews had been received.
Where to watch The Black Phone online
Full movie The Black Phone not yet available on any other vod service