Minions: The Rise of Gru full movie
A fan of a supervillain group known as the Vicious 6, Gru devises a plan to become evil enough to join them, with the support of his minions, the Minions.
More about the movie Minions: The Rise of Gru
Minions: The Rise of Gru storyline
Stuart, Kevin and Bob are angry because they can’t get their bananas from a supermarket. Wanting to find a solution to the situation, they head to the White House. When they arrive at the White House to complain about the situation, they find themselves at the door. Bewildered and angry at being fired, Stuart, Kevin and Bob embark on an adventure to overthrow the US government to avenge what was done to them. Gru will accompany them on their adventure.
Minions: The Rise of Gru - notes, cast, infos
The entire film lasts 1 hour 30 minutes. People affiliated with the IMDB community give the film a rating of 7.1/10, while Filmweb readers give it a score of 6.8/10. According to the film's evaluators on TMDB, it deserved a rating of 8/10. Kyle Balda is responsible for directing the film, while the script was written by Matthew Fogel. In the main roles were cast: Steve Carell (Gru), Pierre Coffin (Minion Kevin), Alan Arkin (Wild Knuckles), Taraji P. Henson (Belle Bottom), Michelle Yeoh (Mistress Chow), Julie Andrews (Mama Gru), Russell Brand (Nefario), Jean-Claude Van Damme (Jean-Clawed), Dolph Lundgren (Svengeance).
Minions: The Rise of Gru - trivia
- The first live-action sequel to an animated prequel and an animated spin-off.
- Due to the over 2,5-year delay between its first trailer and its official release, this is the longest-advertised animated film in motion picture history.
- Stuart carries a lunchbox from Scarlet Overkill, the villain for whom the Minions worked in the 2015 film.
- Gru’s mother questions the vicious six about why they are dressed in costumes because Halloween was four months ago; however, later in the film, it is revealed that it is Chinese New Year, which is less than four months after Halloween.
- Despite one character later reading a MAD Magazine from 1961, the film is clearly set in 1976, as seen by the word „1976” on a sign in the opening image.
- The original music features cover versions of 1970s songs, however the film features the original versions by their respective performers.
- For example, Phoebe Bridgers performs „Goodbye to Love” on the album, but the Carpenters perform it reverently in the film.
- The first film using the 2019 MPA logo from Illumination Entertainment.
Where to watch Minions: The Rise of Gru online
Full movie Minions: The Rise of Gru not yet available on any other vod service