Crimes of the Future full movie
A deep dive into the not-so-distant future, where humanity is learning to adapt to its synthetic environment. This evolution will take man into a metamorphosis beyond his natural state, changing his biological "make-up."
More about the movie Crimes of the Future
Crimes of the Future storyline
Crimes of the Future immerses itself in a near future where humanity has learned to adapt to an artificial environment. This evolution takes them beyond their natural state into a metamorphosis that alters their biological structure. While some take advantage of the potential of this transformation, others try to control it. Either way, Accelerated Evolution Syndrome is spreading rapidly. Saul Tenser is a beloved artist who has embraced it, resulting in new organs being born in his body. Along with Caprice, Tenser has turned the removal of these organs into a public performance. But when the authorities take notice, Tenser is forced to consider the most extreme show possible.
Crimes of the Future - notes, cast, infos
The entire film lasts 1 hour 47 minutes. People affiliated with the IMDB community rate the film at 6.0/10, while readers of the Filmweb site give it a score of 5.9/10. According to the film's evaluators on TMDB, it deserves a score of 6/10. The director and screenwriter of the film is David Cronenberg. The main actors playing in the film are Viggo Mortensen (Saul Tenser), Léa Seydoux (Caprice), Kristen Stewart (Timlin), Scott Speedman (Lang Dotrice), Welket Bungué (Cope), Don McKellar (Wippet), Lihi Kornowski (Djuna), Denise Capezza (Odile), Tanaya Beatty (Berst).
Crimes of the Future - trivia
- It was shot entirely in a single warehouse.
- Although Canadian director David Cronenberg has long insisted that Canada deserves to have its artists in the spotlight in Canada and the rest of the world, the actors he chose to cast in the film’s three leading roles – Léa Seydoux, Kristen Stewart and Viggo Mortensen – were not Canadian.
- Kristen Stewart replaced Natalie Portman in the role of Timlin.
- David Cronenberg’s first film in thirty-five years in which his sister Denise Cronenberg did not serve as costume designer. Denise died in the summer of 2020.
- The Cronenbergs’ first original screenplay since eXistenZ (1999). The working title of that film was also „Crimes of the Future.”
- Feeling that the film had limited commercial value, US distributor Neon and Canadian distributor MK2 Mile End decided to give the film a limited release and without an aggressive and expensive marketing campaign. This caused the opening weekend at the box office to be described as „soft” by box office website Mojo, and „so-so” by Hollywood trade magazine Variety.
- Tassos Karahalios’ film debut.
- It is Cronenberg’s first film without cinematographer Peter Suschitzky since their work together on Inseparable (1988) in 1988
Where to watch Crimes of the Future online
Full movie Crimes of the Future not yet available on any other vod service